Sunday, January 11, 2009

Happy New Years

Happy New Years! We didn't plan much on New Years Eve because we were up all night the night before. Since we were up and I had been up for a long time my legs were bothering me and I was in so much pain I mostly layed down the whole day. I had told a couple of friends that they could come over if they wanted but I wasn't really having a party and didn't know if anyone was coming. Well later in the evening around 9:00p.m. Our friends came over for a couple hours. We played Family Cranium that we got for Christmas. After we played games we went outside to let the kids do poppers and sparklers.
Look who showed up at my house Michelin mans wife who's name is Monica. We were also thinking of getting out marshmallows to roast by a fire but why do that we have a HUGE marshmallow already!!!
Austin is getting ready to light all the kids sparklers. He is very excited he is now able to light a match and a lighter thanks to scouts.
Here we are freezing out side watching the kids have lots of fun. I don't think the kids realized how cold it was outside.
I didn't want the Michelin's wife to feel bad so we let her get in the fun and let her go back to her childhood years and light a couple sparklers. Sorry Monica I have to give you a hard time since you didn't bring your own coat.
Bailey wasn't sure what to think about all the sparklers and poppers. I think she would much rather watch the older kids do it.
Austin lighting the sparklers for the other kids. I wasn't sitting back relaxing knowing the lighter was in his hand. He makes me very nervous. I guess he has to learn sometime.
Dallin Romney and Tyson decided to stick there sparklers in the snow and watch the sparks come out of the snow.
Tyson was having so much fun. He ran around the grass with his. We were glad he was running around because he somehow got flour and was so sick before the Romneys came over.
Dallin, Tyson, and Austin pulling the string on the poppers. Look in the air see how high it goes.
Oh how cute! Monica and Scott blowing the horns welcoming the New Year.
Before we got out our special glasses and drinks we let each of the kids light there own candle. I'm not sure Monica and Scott were on the same page with us on this one. You could tell Monica was having a panic attack.
Cheers everyone take a drink! Lasca drinking straight out of the EMPTY bottle why use a glass.
Bailey is very happy she is getting to use a very special glass out of Grandmas china cupboard. She was also happy that her (boy)friend Dallin was over to visit also.
Austin decides to follow his mom and gets another bottle that is not empty and drinks out of the bottle.
Oops! I guess this is what your kids will look like on New Years Eve if you give them too much to drink. Notice his hands. Do we really want him holding matches?
Scott and Monica bringing in the New Year with a Kiss.
Lasca and Brian also bringing in the New Year with a Kiss
After the Romneys left we layed down which was a big mistake. It was 11:30p.m. We were watching the T.V. waiting for the ball to drop. Oops I guess you should never lay down before the New Year comes in. The kids stayed up because they are the ones that shot this photo. Yep we fell asleep.
Happy new Year for those that didn't fall asleep!!!

1 comment:

Monica said...

Yes I don't mind being described as a HUGE marshmallow!!! What a fun night that was. Thanks for inviting us!